This has taken way longer than I’d expected, naturally, and not all of the functionality is here as of yet—but most of it is, at the least.
Here are the main changes:
- First: I’ve moved! The new web site is at giants-club.net rather than at Macrophile.com. I love M.com and its wonderful system operator, Bennie, but I’ve had this domain sitting idle for well over a year, and it seems like a good idea to take advantage of it and the flexibility of a system that’s entirely under my paw. As long as Bennie allows, URLs on the old site will redirect to the new one.
- Obviously, the new site has multiple table of content pages rather than one huge one full of fine print. In general, the look has shifted toward more modern web standards, and it’s friendlier to phones and tablets.
- One cool new feature, made possible by switching to a new content management system: a Story Indexes page which lists stories by major character, genre, and publication date. (The main TOC page lists stories and essays alphabetically rather than by date.)
- Up until now, I’ve had some stories that were only found here, and some stories that were only on archive sites like Fur Affinity. Now, with few exceptions, all the stories that were “FA only” have been posted here. New-to-here stories include “Claiming the Moon,” “The Collector”, “Flow,” “Knight Protector,” “A Matter of Small Consequence,” “Smoke” (a sequel to “The Model,” for those keeping track), “Top Predator,” and “An Unconventional Valet.”
- Also, the first new story about Arilin in years is here! “Teacher’s Pet” is the longest story I’ve written, other than the short novel Goddess.
- The two stories that I’d categorized as “extreme” under the old rating system, “Applied Mathematics” and “Sarah Home Alone,” have disappeared. I may eventually try to explain why I’ve grown a bit uncomfortable with such pieces. I’m likely to put them up on my Fur Affinity page sometime, though, so they don’t get lost. (A version of my infamous story “Paintball” also lives there, although it’s a rewrite rather than the original.)
- Last but not least, the illustrations for stories are now only contained within those stories, not linked elsewhere. The non-story images are just on my FA page for the time being. I may investigate adding a gallery here, but honestly, I don’t have a lot of art to do that with.
Anyway, I hope you like the site! And I’ll try to make sure that it’s not three years between now and the next update.